Ik werd om 9.30 am aan parque Los Angeles verwacht. Van daar liep ik samen met een medewerkster van Projects Abroad naar de Universitat Nacional (Heredia) waar ik zal werken de komende tien weken. Ik werd voorgesteld aan mijn stagebegeleidster, en aan alle andere collega's. Wat een fijne mensen! Spijtig dat ik de taal nog niet goed genoeg beheers om me in de gesprekken te mengen, maar het is zelfs al leuk om ze gewoon te observeren. Het eerste wat ik mocht doen, was koffie met ze allemaal drinken. Alle collega's gaan supervriendschappelijk met elkaar om. Iedereen heeft koekjes en ander lekkers bij en dat wordt allemaal onder elkaar gedeeld. De gesprekken zijn heel geanimeerd, en meer dan eens is iedereen superhartig aan het lachen.
Ik heb me tijdens mijn eerste dag vooral verdiept in wat ze in dit kantoor doen, wat hun missie is, hun producten en diensten. Ik heb dus de identiteit van het bedrijf verkend. Ik heb de kranten gelezen die ze produceren, programma's bekeken die ze maken, sites bezocht die zij creƫren, ... Ik werk eigenlijk in het officina de la communicacion de la UNA (Universitat Nacional de Costa Rica). Hun voornaamste doel is het reilen en zeilen van de universiteit in de media brengen. Ook maken zij regionale, nationale en zelfs internationale nieuwsitems, vaak in opdracht van.
Tijdens mijn eerste weken zal ik vooral observeren, aangezien mijn Spaans verre van perfect is. Wat zijn de voorlopige plannen? Maandag zal ik samen met de mensen van de audiovisuele sector naar het strand gaan om te filmen. (Ja ik weet absoluut hoe fijn dat klinkt.) En dinsdag is er een groot Frans congres waar ik mee heen zal gaan als tolk. Soort van, want de vrouw met wie ik ga, spreekt geen Frans. Trouwens hier in Costa Rica is het leren van Frans in veel scholen verplicht. Dat wist ik niet, maar het niveau is dus basic, niet zoals bij ons in Belgiƫ waar het de tweede landstaal is. Ik kijk alvast uit naar volgende week.
Dit verhaal wordt ongetwijfeld vervolgd.
-
Stress. But -as explained in First world problems- caused by the hysterical traffic, not because of my first working day. So: perfect! Life here is mostly quiet and peaceful. I don't feel like being the exception to that and getting all pumped up about one thing or the other. So what I have agreed on with myself is the following: I can only stress about one thing at a time. At first that was definately about my suitecase, but for the ones who are interested, I got it back (woehoewww), so now I concentrate all my stress on traffic and on traffic alone ;) .
I needed to be at 9.30 at parque de los angeles. From there I walked with a lady from Projects Abroad to the Universidad Nacional (Heredia) where I will be working the next ten weeks. I got introduced to my coordinator at the internship place and to all other collegues. What lovely people! Unfortunately my Spanish is too basic to join all conversations, but just observing them makes me happy too. The first thing I did at the office was drinking coffee with all of them. All collegues act as friends, sharing the food they brought, having very animated dialogues, often resulting in loud laughter.
During my first day I mainly got to know the company. What they do, their goals, ethics, products and services. Like exploring the identity of the business. I read the news papers they produce, watched the programs they make, the websites they create. I work in the officina de la communicacion de la UNA (Universitat Nacional). Their main goal is to report the que-hacer of the university. But it goes beyond that. They also produce regional, national and even international items, mainly for other channels.
During my first weeks, I will mostly just observe and shadow, since the Spanish is still too hard. What is the planning so far? Monday I will go to the beach to film. (I definately realize how good that sounds.) And tuesday there is a big French congress, I will be joining. The lady who I accompany, doesn't speak French , so I'll be translating. By the way, here in Costa Rica they are also obliged to learn French at school, but just a basic knowledge, not like us in Belgium as second national language. I didn't know that. I sure look forward to next week.
This story will be continued.
-
Stress. But -as explained in First world problems- caused by the hysterical traffic, not because of my first working day. So: perfect! Life here is mostly quiet and peaceful. I don't feel like being the exception to that and getting all pumped up about one thing or the other. So what I have agreed on with myself is the following: I can only stress about one thing at a time. At first that was definately about my suitecase, but for the ones who are interested, I got it back (woehoewww), so now I concentrate all my stress on traffic and on traffic alone ;) .
I needed to be at 9.30 at parque de los angeles. From there I walked with a lady from Projects Abroad to the Universidad Nacional (Heredia) where I will be working the next ten weeks. I got introduced to my coordinator at the internship place and to all other collegues. What lovely people! Unfortunately my Spanish is too basic to join all conversations, but just observing them makes me happy too. The first thing I did at the office was drinking coffee with all of them. All collegues act as friends, sharing the food they brought, having very animated dialogues, often resulting in loud laughter.
During my first day I mainly got to know the company. What they do, their goals, ethics, products and services. Like exploring the identity of the business. I read the news papers they produce, watched the programs they make, the websites they create. I work in the officina de la communicacion de la UNA (Universitat Nacional). Their main goal is to report the que-hacer of the university. But it goes beyond that. They also produce regional, national and even international items, mainly for other channels.
During my first weeks, I will mostly just observe and shadow, since the Spanish is still too hard. What is the planning so far? Monday I will go to the beach to film. (I definately realize how good that sounds.) And tuesday there is a big French congress, I will be joining. The lady who I accompany, doesn't speak French , so I'll be translating. By the way, here in Costa Rica they are also obliged to learn French at school, but just a basic knowledge, not like us in Belgium as second national language. I didn't know that. I sure look forward to next week.
This story will be continued.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten